My Lovely Followers

Sunday 16 July 2017

Whimsy Stamps July Release Sneak Peek - Dracula I Compel You

Happy Sunday!

The sun is shining here and my creativity is high, so life is good.

Today I'm here with another sneak peek for the Whimsy Stamps July release and this time I'm showcasing a new clear stamp and matching die set by Deb Davis.

This set is Called Dracula I Compel You, you'll be able to find it and the matching die set here once the release is live.

I don't normally go anywhere near Halloween stuff, but these sets have lots of fun sentiments that are suitable for lots of different occasions and I used this set to make a fun birthday card.

I thought this card would be idea for a teen or would make a fun male card, (we all know I normally run screaming from the male card, because they scare me - ironic then that a 'scary' stamp set should make it easy lol).

I stamped all my images onto Bristol Smooth cardstock and coloured with my Zig markers using black, reds and grays, cut them out with the matching dies and set them aside.

I took another piece of watercolour cardstock and used some Festive Berries and Candied Apple distress inks to make a background using the 'smooshing' techniquie to get the effect of blood splatters and then added some small spalatters of black paint using a paint brush and flicking.  I set this aside to dry while I heat embossed my sentiment in white, onto some black cardstock and cut it out with a banner die.

I cut my background out with a Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles die. I backed this with some black cardstock, stamped another sentiment from the set at the top and adhered it to my card base made from red cardstock, using a little foam tape to give some dimension.

Finally I added all my elements to my base with some foam tape for the main image and added a little sparkle to the bats with some Wink of Stella.

Don't forget the new release is on Wednesday 19th, but I'll have one more sneak peek for you before then.

Thanks for visiting!



2 comments:

  1. Linda this card is just SCREAMING - AWESOME! I love every detail...his eyes are a riot!
    GREAT card for ANY/EVERY day not just Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx