My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 1 March 2017

We make the perfect pair

Morning!

Do you remember last week I shared a shaker card using the negative die-cut of the large hugs die?
Did you wonder what I did with those letters I cut out? Well wonder no more because here is the card I used them on.

Firstly I took a piece of watercolour paper and did some ombre technique, using diluted distress ink and a large paintbrush. Once dry I sprinkled with some clean water and blotted to lift some areas and lighten. Then I added some splashes of white acrylic paint. While that dried I stamped and coloured the 2 bears from the Snuggle Bunnies set by MFT stamps, I used the same combo of purples and lilacs I used on my background. Milled Lavender, Wilted Violet and Dusty Concord.



I stamped one of the sentiments from the set on vellum with some versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I cut it out with a die from the stitched sentiment strips.
I cut and adhered my watercolour paper to a piece of lustre cardstock a little smaller than my card base.
I popped the 'HUGS' up on some foam tape and adhered the sentiment strip beneath the bottom of the letters. I cut out my little bears with the matching dies and popped those up on some foam tape so that it looks as though they are sitting on/running across the top of the letters.

To finish I added a few sequins.

MFT Snuggle Bunnies
MFT Snuggle Bunnies Die-namics
MFT Big Hugs Word Die-namics

In the UK you can buy all the above at Dies to Die for

I hope you like my make for today. Thanks for dropping by!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and great design.
    Have a lovely day.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your new style cards Linda. These little bears are so cute and make for a beautiful card to send to a loved one.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, gosh, I love the depth of the color here... That purple ombre background is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooooo gorgeous Linda... the colour is fabulous and I love how you popped the word up with the letters left from last week!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Sooooo Stinkin Cute! Loooooving all your CAS Cards they look Amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx