My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Happy Birthday to You

Hello!

I had a little bit of a shopping spree at Simon Says Stamp recently, (well it was my birthday recently), I've never bought from there before and I normally wouldn't pay the shipping from the States, but they had a few exclusive things that I really wanted, some of which I've been looking at for a while now, so I made one big order.

Part of my order was this background stamp,  (you will have seen another SSS background stamp on my card from yesterday), clear stamp set and matching die. I've listed the products at the end of my post along with a couple of MFT and Memory Box dies I used if you want to take a peek.


So how did I make the card?

Well first of all I used the background stamp with some Versamark Ink on some watercolour paper and then used some white embossing powder and heated that till shiny. Then I did some emboss resist, blending some distress inks over with my blending tool. I used a combination of Blueprint Sketch, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron. Once I was happy with my blend I wiped the whole thing over with a piece of kitchen towel to clean up my white embossing and make it nice and bright.
I sprinkled a few water droplets onto my finished panel, waiting a few moments before blotting and lifting some of the colour. Then I took some Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in a metallic green and just flicked a few drops from the end of the nozzle tube and left it to dry.

I then cut a piece of silver miri card a quarter inch smaller then my card base and cut out the centre with a postage stamp die. I used the same die to cut my stamped and blended paper and then inset that into the miri card gluing the whole thing to my card base.

With the centre of the miri card that wasn't used I cut out my word, cutting another 3 from plain white cardstock and gluing them all together with the silver on top to make a nice dimensional word.

I then cut my banner from a piece of plain white cardstock and stamped and embossed my sentiment embossed with versamark and some silver embossing powder.
I cut a 3 and a 0 in some light green cardstock that complemented my blending and glued that in the bottom right corner. Then I positioned my word and banner on my card, when I was happy with the placement I adhered them in place and added a few sequins.

I like the way this turned out, and although it looks fairly simple, it felt really creative to make.

Items Used

SSS You Matter Background Stamp
SSS You Matter Clear Stamp Set
SSS You word die
MFT Stitched Sentiment Strips
MFT Postage Stamp Stax
Memory Box Classic Numbers

I'm entering the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use Your Favourite Tool (die cutting machine)

Thanks for dropping by!





2 comments:

  1. Awesome card. I love that large die that looks like a postage stamp. Glad you treated yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and thank you so much for sharing and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx