My Lovely Followers

Saturday 25 February 2017

Best of Luck

Morning!

First of all I must apologise for the lack of cards this week. It isn't even that I haven't had any to share with you, I have loads in my draft folder, I just have not had the time to blog them. This week has just been super busy, lots happening at work and I barely seem to have had a moment to draw breath. Still it's the weekend now, so one of my (many) goals for this weekend, is to get my cards blogged and scheduled.

Anyhooooo....I have a little shaker card to share with you today and I made this one for a colleague who was leaving work to pastures new.

She has a little bunny called Bruce, so I thought this stamp set from MFT would be perfect for her.
Her favourite colour combo is yellow and grey, so that was a natural choice for this card.


Firstly I stamped my images on some Canson Montval watercolour paper with Black Onyx Versamark Ink, and then watercoloured them with my Zig Clean Markers. I really must start noting down which colours I'm using as these are not as familiar to me yet as the Tim Holtz Distress Markers.

Once dry I cut them out with the matching dies and set them aside.

I made a top folding card from white cardstock and then cut a smaller piece of card from which I cut a circle with a circle die. I atamped a sentiment from the stamp set underneat the apeture.
I added an acetate window and used some craft foam from which I cut a slightly larger circle beneath it to pop it up and create my shaker window.  I did some ink smooshing with greys and yellows to make the background and then filled my window with yellow sequin mix and added my smooshed background to the back to keep them all in. Then I adhered the whole thing to my card base.

Finally I popped on the girl and her bunny, with some foam tape and added a few matching sequins.

Below are the links to this stamp set.

MFT - Adventure is Calling Dies

 If you are in the UK, you can purchase these from Dies to Die for, as I did.

Thanks so much for dropping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wunderschöne Karte, gefällt mir sehr gut
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing shaker card, love the sweet image and the choice of colours, so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet shaker card. Great job!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Linda... this is the 'perfect' card for your colleague - I'm sure she'll treasure it as it's so nicely personalised. The design is spot on... I always love shaker cards and you've created a stunner here!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx