My Lovely Followers

Thursday 12 January 2017

Whimsy Stamps January Release - Flight of the Butterflies

Hello! I hope you're having a great week. 
I'm back today with some more goodness from the Whimsy Stamps Jan release.
Today I've used both the clear stamp Flight of the Butterflies and the new Butterflies Stencil.

These products work great together.


To make my card I first blended some Shaded Lilac distress ink over some smooth white cardstock with one of my new Clarity Brushes, I love these...and they're made in the UK, lucky us for once!

Once that was dry I cut it out with the Whimsy Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles and then applied some Wilted Violet Distress Ink through the Butterfly Stencil, you can use the stencil on either side and I flipped mine over so that the butterflies went in the opposite direction to the stamp. 
I let that dry fully and then gave it a good rub over with my anti static tool before stamping the Flight of the Butterfly stamp with some Versamark ink and then heat embossing with some detail white embossing power.

I used my Misti tool to perfectly position one of the sentiments from the set, and stamped that with Versafine Ink in Black Onyx.
I gave the whole think a light spritz with some glimmer spray and then when it was fully dry I went over the stenciled butterflies with my Wink of Stella pen for some extra sparkle, you can just about see some in the photo.

I cut a piece of black cardstock slightly bigger than my die cut piece and adhered that to the back. I glued the whole thing to my prepared card base using a piece of craft foam in between to pop it up slightly.

Finally I added a few clear gems, I would have like to add some clear sequins instead but I didn't have any in a mix of sizes and the same size just didn't look right (something to add to my wish list), but I think the gems look fine also.

That's all from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with a super cute card using a new stamp from the Wee Collection, I know how we all love these.

Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I just love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS card Linda. It's on my list to get more adventurous with ink this year. I don't like 'messy' crafting in that way, but it looks so effective and pretty. So I need to explore that more. Love your pretty butterfly card. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Linda... my favourite style of card - so very effective!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx