My Lovely Followers

Thursday 13 October 2016

Whimsy October Release - Crissy Armstrong - Christmas Spaniels

This is a scheduled post as I'm currently journeying down south to say goodbye to my Dad in his final hours.

This should have been 2 cards and I have another spaniel from the set all coloured up, but I didn't get time to get the card finished with everything that's happened in the last few days, so I will have to share that one separately at a later date.

So.....Spaniels....don't you just love them? We used to have a black English Cocker Spaniel years ago and she was soooooo pretty, so when I saw the Christmas Spaniels from Crissy Armstrong I just knew I had to colour these up.

I was lucky enough to spend some time with the super sweet Crissy at the Whimsy Stamps Craft Retreat and she told me she loved Spaniels too and would love to have one. I think you can tell by the way she's drawn them.
Spaniels come in lots of different shades so I chose a different colour for each Spaniel and for this one I chose a blonde colour.


I've coloured her with distress inks and paired her with some lovely Whimsy paper from the Christmas Cheer pad and some smooth white cardstock matted with a little deep red.

The sentiment is from the recently released Scripty Occasions and I finished off with a small snowflake cut with the Layered Snowflake dies, and covered with plenty of Glamour Dust and then a few red gems.

If you're in the UK or Europe you can purchase most of the supplies I've used over at Dies to Die for.

That's all from me, I may be off the radar for a while, but I hope you'll understand.

10 comments:

  1. Sending big hugs to you! You are in my thoughts. Xx
    Yes, I love spaniels. They are so cute!!! Real ones as well as the one you used on your gorgeous card.
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda I am so sad to read about your Dad, no words can make it any easier for you , just know I am thinking of you at this sad time...

    Your card is very sweet...take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely card with such a cute image. Well done!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Hugs. Your card is absolutely adorable. You coloured the spaniel perfectly, and I love the designer paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda die Karte ist echt total süss
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about your Dad. Hugs and prayers. The card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another adorable card Linda.
    Thinking of you and your family.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card Linda and the spaniels is so cute!
    You and your family are in my thoughts, look after yourself.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colouring of that gorgeous little spaniel - and an adorable card. So sorry to hear about your father... I lost my brother earlier in the week - so am only just thinking about card-making again... Big hugs for you..

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx