My Lovely Followers

Saturday 16 July 2016

Neverending Summer

Morning all! Now don't think I've gone mad, the title has nothing to do with the weather here in the UK and our summer not only is not 'neverending' it hasn't even really got started this year.

Just popping in quickly today to share a quick card I made a while ago. I can't believe that I actually have a whole bunch of cards sitting in my draft folder just waiting to be blogged, it's a great feeling.

Anyhooooo, I made a little vintage number with some papers from Lemoncraft's Neverending Summer collection (hence the title).  Love the colours in this. A fairly simple card, just 2 square layers of design paper, inked with shabby shutters distress ink and then distressed. After that I brushed some gesso along the sides, this is done very subtly, with an almost dry brush that has just a hint of paint left on it. You can see a glimpse of it on the tulle also.


I hand stitched the top layer only with green top stitch thread, and slipped a square of tulle between the 2 layers, the top layer is given dimension with some foam tape and all is glued to a simple square base card made of ivory card stock

I popped some bows of Summer Rose seam binding under 2 opposing corners of my top layer.



On top I layered a chipboard frame, some die cut leaves from Creative Expressions and La-La Land Crafts and a small flourish with leaves (can't remember at the mo which one). The filigree leaved are cut from a scrap of green card stock and then brushed with gesso, keeping a very light touch. The ivory leaves are edged with a little Walnut Stain distress ink, but I kept the flourish plain.


Then I glued on a huge organza flower that I've had in my stash like forever and never knew what to do with before, it goes fab with these papers though and makes a great focal Point. It had a button in the centre but I didn't like that so much so I removed it and replaced it with a pearl and diamante embellishment from my stash. I've also popped in a couple of small pieces of Pearl and Crystal Spray behind the flower.

I finished off with a few small flat back pearls and clear flat back gems, some of which I coloured with a Copic marker to match the green paper.
A name or small sentiment  could easily be popped in the frame area if you wanted to also.

I quite like it, I hope you do. That's all for today but I'll be back tomorrow with the new challenge at
The Ribbon Girl. I'm off to tidy up my crafty space......I could be at it a while ....sigh.

Enjoy your Saturday!






8 comments:

  1. So beautiful and amazing details.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card so glad the title relates to the papers as we are waiting for summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. here is rain past days,hope you will have nice summer soon.
    your card is ver nice.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, gorgeous papers and I'm loving the organza flower.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, this is all so scrummy...gorgeous soft colours and pretty papers...and that flower with the bling centre looks stunning :-)
    And right on cue after what you were saying...Summer finally arrived! Not sure it will last long (definitely won't be neverending!) but I shall make the most of it.
    I hope you had a good tidy of your craft space; it always feels very satisfying to do, but doesn't last long I find - lol!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant and nice!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx