My Lovely Followers

Sunday 24 July 2016

Whimsy - Elisabeth Bell - Birthday Belle


Hello everyone!

Quick post from me, originally I was going to post this in the week, but as we (Whimsy Stamps) are having a weekend event over at Passionate Paper Creations, I've  bumped this post up a little early to join in.

This is Birthday Belle, drawn by Elisabeth Bell. One of the new July rubber releases from Whimsy Stamps, isn't she adorable?
I went super soft and pretty with this one with a side order of shabby chic.


Coloured in my distress ink markers as usual, I was planning on having a play with my pencils this weekend, but I cannot for the life of me find where I put my sharpener, so that will have to wait till I can get to the shops to buy a new one, unless it shows up in the meantime lol.


Anyway, colours used were: Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Milled Lavender, Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord, Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss and Pumice Stone, to match some pretty Pion Papers from the Scent of Lavender collection.

I cut the main shape with a Go Create die and the layers were cut with the Whimsy Stamps Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles die, the largest size in the set. The frame is cut with an MFT die, I can't remember the name of this one.

I inked my edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then followed up with plenty of gesso.  I disn't distress my edges, but I did soften them with some cheesecloth.

A little tag and sentiment from Mama Elephant and some embellishments from The Ribbon Girl to finish and she was done.

I hope you  like, if you're on Facebook, do join in with our fun and games over at Passionate Paper Creations and in our own Whimsy Stamps Group.

From The Ribbon Girl

all other embellishments are from my stash.

If you are in the UK you can get all the stamps and dies (apart from the Go Kreate one) from 

That's all from me today, I'll be back in the week to share more.

Have fun!

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Linda! The image is so sweet. Your coloring of it matches the papers perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Linda! I love the shape! The image is just adorable, I may have to buy this one! The colours you have used and the design and embellishments are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet and adorable image Linda, gorgeous card too. You have been very productive of late, glad you're getting your crafty on!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! mazing card!
    nice colors!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the image, your fantastic colouring and all the lovely details.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little lady is so beautiful and your delicate romantic design is utterly swoonsome...I think that's more a main course of shabby chic than a side order - lol! That's a good thing as I love your layers with the cheesecloth between and the pretty flowers and ribbon :-)
    I spy a certain little tag and sentiment too...you won't regret getting these! Ha ha, I love how we all enable each other with crafty purchases!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, such a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Linda, I've been watching your tutorials & they have re-introduced me back into distressed markers so thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty and what a lovely image, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I think this is one of your favorite color swatches too, right? Turned out really really fabulous.

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow gorgeous Linda! Thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is just Beautiful and the layers perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx