My Lovely Followers

Friday 15 April 2016

Whimsy April Release Final Day - Elephant with Butterflies



Hi everyone! Well it's my 3rd post in 3 days, very unlike me, but honestly I was just blown away by this release.
You've probably already spotted my card for today, as it's been used as one of the banners for the new release, but I thought I would show you in more detail and share how I made it..

I just couldn't resist this cute little Elephant with Butterflies from Whimsy's Lee Holland collection. Isn't it sweet? So sweet that I thought it would make the perfect baby card. I think this would pass for a baby boy or girl and for a new arrival or a 1st birthday. Of course you could always colour the elephant in pink with matching papers if you wanted something more girly.

I stamped my image with Versafine Ink in Black Onyx onto Langton Hot Pressed Watercolour paper (140 lbs) and coloured it with my distress ink markers in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Spiced Pumpkin, Crushed Olive, and Mowed Lawn, and cut out the shape with an oval die.


I cut a card base from plain white cardstock and then used the largest of the 
from Whimsy, to cut out my design papers.

I added a little narrow spotted organza ribbon from The Ribbon Girl and cut a little lacy border with a Martha Stuart punch.

I added a few little fishtail banners under the border and cut a few tiny butterflies from some paper scraps with a memory box die.

I didn't edge anything with ink this time as I wanted to keep it very clean and fresh looking. I did add a little wink of stella to the butterfly wings, but once again I didn't manage to catch it on camera.

That's all from me today, but I'll be back on Sunday with a new challenge from The Ribbon Girls. Don't forget to check out the rest of the team's gorgeous makes here before you go and enter the great giveaway!

I'm adding this card to the following challenges:

Paper Creator Challenge #46
Simon Says Stamp - Let's Do the Polka
Have fun!! :) xx

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and such a cute image.Gorgeous papers too.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable image and card Linda. Enjoy your weekend.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Linda, I have been admiring this card ALL week. It is SO BEAUTIFUL, anyone would be thrilled to receive it! Stunning! (Lovin' this release, lots of great product!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Your card is so sweet and cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Linda! super sweet card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, such a sweet image, thanks for playing along at The Paper Creator challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colouring and design. He looks so adorable sitting there just watching life go by.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx