My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Wee Stamps - Iris

Hello! It's quite a mixed up sort of week for me this week, not helped by our beautiful British weather....yup...sunshine and hailstorms lol. There's a reason we Brits are eccentric, we like to match our surroundings lol.

Anyhooooooo........on with my share for today and like many of my other recent cards, you may have already seen this one in the Whimsy Stamps online magazine. If you haven't already done so, do check it out, it's chock full of inspiration and it's free!

This is a slightly older stamp from Whimsy's Wee Stamps collection, she's called Iris, isn't she lovely?
 I decided to colour her in shades of grey to complement these rather fabulous butterflies from Kay Fatula's shop. I also knew I wanted to give her a blush of colour just to add a little interest and I had these beautiful Maja papers in my stash that just went perfectly. 







The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps too, it's from the Fairy Tale Dreams set, this set is retiring, so grab it while you can!

I finished off with some glamour dust, some Prima bling, and the following gorgeous flowers from The Ribbon Girl

32 mm Francesca Black Lace
Siam Pink Seam Binding
Cheesecloth
20 mm Pale Pink Open Rose
Chrysanth White Kurt and Gort
Pink Sweetheart Blossom
White Sweetheart Blossom
Starburst Stamen White
Oval Clear Diamante Embellishment

I hope you like it, TTFN! :) xx

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!! And big congrats for your publications on the Whimsy magazine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda, what a super card! I love it when you go all monotone on us, you are so great at that. Perfect water-colouring and a brilliant selection of papers to complement the sweet image.
    I finally had chance to create a card for yesterdays post that had been rolling around in my mind for some time having been inspired by your work. Next challenge is the using an image that I have water-coloured myself!
    Take care and try to dodge the hail stones :o)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend! Now when kids are finally asleep I can have a few minutes and devote them for catching up :)
    I love Iris! And love how you decided to make the card in the muted color and add the color accents by using a bit of pink flowers and ribbon. Gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! The grey tones look fab! As always a wonderfully designed card.
    Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... So interesting. Just in love with your coloring, Linda. :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Linda :)
    Hugs,
    Guida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh there is so much 'delicious' in this make Linda! Love the gorgeous bling, the butterfly, the lace, the beautiful blooms, but you know it's that stunning colouring that has me spellbound. Love it! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Wow Wow and more Wow! Just totally Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx