My Lovely Followers

Saturday 14 March 2015

Bowie at Dies to Die for

Good afternoon!  I'm late with my make for yesterday for Dies to Die for as this week was a really busy one at work, good busy, but still I'm happy it's the weekend and I can relax and craft. I got some VERY exciting news at the beginning of the week that had me leaping around like a loon (good job I was able to breathe normally again! lol), but I can't share that with you for a few weeks, so watch this space :)

Today's card is made with the delightful Bowie by Saturated Canary from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps, of course it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Krista Smith's gorgeous images, and I've teamed her with these oh so pretty papers from Glitz...aren't the colours just so sweet?

I've linked the products used at the end of the post for you.


I coloured Bowie with my Distress Ink markers.

Skin: Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick
Hair: Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs
Outfit: Ripe Permisson (I;ve added some white dots with my Posca marker)


I edged all the layers with Walnut Stain DI and stitched them with top stitch thread. I've popped some cheesecloth under the layers.


I cut my image out with a Stitched Circle die and slid a Lovely View die cut behind.



A little trim, some flowers and pearls and voila! I really love the way she turned out, I hope you do too.  



This card is for sale in my Etsy store.

That's all from me for today, I'm going to find the time this weekend to catch up with some of your blogs and see what I've missed. 

Hope you have a great weekend! :) xx

12 comments:

  1. I love this card, Linda; but then again, I always love your cards. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards <3 your coloring is great!!! Can you tell me, please what kind of paper did you use for coloring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stela, thanks for dropping by. The paper I use for colouring with distress ink markers is Canson Montval. I have coloured with Langton Hot Press when using inks, but when applying the ink directly with the markers I find the Langton soaks it too quickly where as the Canson gives me time to work the ink with a damp brush and not leave any hard lines. Hope that helps :) xx

      Delete
  3. The colours here are a beautiful combination Linda and I love the expression on the Bowies' face. Your distress ink colouring is fabulous and I secretly think you enjoy using them more than Copics now. Hope you get to enjoy your crafty weekend.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you've discovered my secret Lorraine. Yes I love colouring with all mediums, including Copics and Pencils, but Distress Ink colouring has become my firm favourite, I do colour more with them than any other medium lately :) xx

      Delete
  4. Linda this is stunning, as always so beautifully coloured. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifully coloured
    very nice card

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful love the colours and embellies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, you got me curious! I wonder what that great news is ... You're bad for teasing us with it! ;)
    Yout card is absolutely stunning. But then again, all your cards are! I really like the papers you used on this card and the image is incredibly cute too. Gorgeous! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card! The colours and design are gorgeous! Love your colouring too!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful, I love this colour scheme and all of your gorgeous details. Perfect!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe I skipped this one! This is one lovely card - great papers and colors. :)
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx