My Lovely Followers

Friday 5 December 2014

Victorian Christmas & Farewell A Creative Romance

Morning everyone! I'm still super busy here and not yet quite caught up and the Christmas rush is not helping at all. But I'm here today with a bit of a sad post really. This is A Creative Romance's very last challenge.

We are so sorry to be leaving, but Becky and Jenny are both very busy ladies and the stresses of running the challenge are proving a little much. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them for having me on their design team for the past year and to wish them all the best (and also the rest of the team) in everything they do.

Our challenge this time is 'Anything Goes'.  My card is a vintage style Christmas card I made at the request of a work friend.
 She wanted to send something to her friend in Australia who loves all things Victoriana, so she requested a vintage style card from me. I tried to keep as close as possible to a Victorian style theme by using a vintage image along with rich red and ivory with just a sprinkling of gold.


The papers are from the new Maja Christmas collection A Gift for You. Now I'dd readily admit that I wasn't too impressed by this collection, but this particular sheet I did like.
I inked all my edges with Walnut Stain distress inks and hand stitched with top stitch thread and added some cheesecloth to soften and add to the vintage feel.


I added a selection of flowers and berries from The Ribbon Girl and Wild Orchid Crafts.


Love this sparkly ribbon from TRG and the beautiful embellishment is from my stash.


I also added plenty of pearl trim and some gorgeous lace and decorated the inside fairly simply,  to complement the front.

Some links to products can be found below.


That's all from me for today, but don't forget to pop across to the blog to see the rest of the team's wonderful makes, it will be your last chance, so we'd love to see as many of you as we can entering :)
 TTFN! :) xx

12 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Fabulous card, I love so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to see another fab challenge blog come to an end, but can totally understand the time and commitment involved! Love your pretty DT card, Linda! Stunning image and lovely embellishments give this card such a beautiful, vintage feel! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautoful, love the image and rich reds. Such a shame the challenge is closing

    ReplyDelete
  4. One glorious Christmas card, Linda...
    Wonderful colors, pretty image and great details. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous colour Linda, absolutely beautiful.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are amazing, Linda! You create one beautiful card after another! This is so breathtaking! That image is so sweet. Love the bow and lace and, well, everything. How lucky the recipient is of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you captured the Victorian theme perfectly and I am sure your friend loved this card. It's a real piece of art!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, it's so inspiring visiting your blog! Another absolutely stunning card, so much gorgeous detail!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a truly special card! Love the beautiful image and your design is just perfect! The recipient will love it!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a Beautiful Card you are Amazing at adding all these Beautiful Embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be not original with my commenting here - stunning card!

    Hugs
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx