My Lovely Followers

Saturday 18 October 2014

Vintage Birthday Card

Happy Saturday everyone. First of all I would like to say a huge thank you to everybody who left me such kind comments yesterday.  I have to report I'm feeling much better now, it's not often I get down, just everything seemed to come at once this week, but I spent a lovely evening with friends last night and feel much better for it.
Anyway.... I'm here today to share a card I made for my Mum's birthday.  It was yesterday so I can safely share it here now.  I'd been toying with the idea of making a card with a vintage photo for a while now, and I thought it was something that my mum would like, so here's what I ended up making.


I used beautiful Pion papers and cut the shape with a Go Kreate die. The picture itself is cut with an MFT Postage stamp Die.


I inked my layers with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and stitched them with Top Stitch thread in Pink and Yellow. The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley and it's in a Tim Holtz book label from my stash.


I popped some Cheesecloth in between my layers to soften them. I added a large pink faux silk ribbon bow and lots of pearl embellishments.


The inside is decorated quite simply with more Pion papers and a blank cut with the postage die for writing a message.
15mm Pearl & Diamante Embellishment 

All the other flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Well that's all from me today, I'm off to make some more cards! Enjoy your weekend everyone :) xx


14 comments:

  1. Wowwwww.....this is gorgeous....I love the colors, the shape....I love it all!!!
    Have a very nice weekend.
    Hugs Plony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Linda, this is just too beautifully vintage for words. From the gorgeous girl to the scrumptious pretty flowers and bow. {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning Linda. I love the vintage image, gorgeous papers and such beautiful detailing. I am sure you mum must have been thrilled to receive such a special card.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your mum had a great birthday yesterday and I'm sure she was thrilled with her card.
    You never disappoint with your stunning creations and beautiful designs.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..my..gosh! This is so beautiful, Linda! I love it and I'm sure your Mom was thrilled with it. Love the postage stamp die and that vintage image. Do you hand or machine stitch? I'm curious with the shape of the card how to you position the die so the back and front stay together? I have been crafting for a couple of years but still have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty thanks you, I do sew by hand, it certainly makes sewing around a shaped card easier (though not quicker!). I have a quick step by step tutorial here
    http://stickywithglittertutorials.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/how-to-make-shaped-card.html on how I cut my shaped cards. Hope that helps! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very pretty Linda, very feminine and elegant, love it..xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow its such an Elegant Card. Bet your Mum Loved it. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers Linda, this is such an elegant card and so beautifully embellished.I bet your mum loved it and will treasure it.

    Glad you are feeling better now.

    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful... I love your way with pearls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Linda. The image is adorable and I love how you have placed your gorgeous embellishments. I am sure your mum will treasure it.
    Glad to hear you are feeling much better today.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous design and embellishments. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx