My Lovely Followers

Sunday 26 October 2014

Christmas Tilda in Red at Totally Tilda

Happy Sunday! This is one of 2 posts from me today, so if you're looking for my post for The Ribbon Girl, please scroll down.

Today at Totally Tilda we have a new challenge for you, and it's Christmas Tilda in Red.  So we want to see a Christmas themed card where Tilda is wearing red. I know that some of us have a bit of a love hate relationship with Red, it can be a very difficult colour to work with as it's one of the colours most prone to bleeding.  Well I cheated a bit on her trousers and used some red patterned paper, but I did use red Copics for most of the rest of her.


Colours used:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair E42, E43, E44, E47, E49
Top, shading on trousers, socks and presents: R24, R27, R29, R35, R37, R59, E40, E42, E44

As usual I inked all the edges with Walnut Stain and hand stitched them with red top stitch thread.


i mounted her on a Snowflake Doily and I thought this ribbon went very well.


I used some beautiful flowers, berries and cones, and dabbed them with a little white acrylic paint for a snowy look.


Papers used are from an older Maja collection.

Products used


Our lovely sponsor for this challenge is Nikki from

gif maker

Do pop over to see the rest of the team's fantastic makes in red and we hope to see you join us in this challenge and tick off another of your Christmas makes.

This card is for sale in my Etsy shop

ETSY

That's all from me for today, but I'll be back on Tuesday, enjoy the rest of your weekend! :) xx

13 comments:

  1. Stunning creation Linda, Love it all. The red and brown makes it look very rich and scrumptious.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love how this looks and love your ribbon. Nice job on her pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply GORGEOUS Linda!! What a super idea with the pants...you clever girl!! Your colouring as always is FABULOUS...your card beautifully designed and embellished!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is stunning Linda. Your colouring is amazing and I love the patterned trousers. Gorgeous papers and full of beautiful detailing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Linda! The design is so beautiful (as always). Love the paper piecing on her trousers and your gorgeous colouring.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Linda..gorgeous colouring and love all the details and the lush bow which is perfect.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, Linda, great color combo and all of these details are so fab! Everything fits here perfectly. I don't know how you do this, but it always looks perfect. Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so pretty, Linda! Love the warm colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card and such adorable image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a Stunner! Loooove those paper pieced pants. Really love that big Snowflake too! Have a Great Week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! I love traditional Christmas colours and this card is perfect.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pleased you are feeling a lot better Linda.
    Your card is gorgeous. A beautifully coloured Tilda and I love the design and your fabulous embellies.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx