My Lovely Followers

Monday 30 June 2014

Get the La-La London Look


Good morning all, it's the start of another week and I'm here with my GDT inspiration post for La-La Land Crafts.
This week the theme is Be Inspired and we had a photo to follow as our inspiration.  Now I'm going to come right out and say it, my heart sank when I saw this photo, because I really don't like the red, white and blue colour combination and have very few papers etc to fit the theme.
I'm not American so I don't celebrate the 4th of July either, I was really struggling with this one.
So I started thinking around it, red white and blue are also the colours of the British flag, so if I took the patriotic route, what did that say to me.  Well even though I now live in Leeds and did a stint in France too, I've lived the great majority of my life in London and I always consider myself a London girl at heart, I'm a proper cockney too, born within the sound of Bow Bells and all.  So I decided to try and match the red, white and blue with something typically 'London', and what I came up with was the London Underground symbol....pow, inspiration hit me.

La-La Land Crafts Items Used:


I've listed items available in the UK at the end of my post. 

 I had some London themed charms in my stash,  good old Umbrella Marci makes a perfect London girl since we get so much rain, and this brick paper from Pion's Playtime collection seemed almost made for my theme, a nice typically London wrought iron fence on the top and we're home!


Love this spotty ribbon and the London themed charms!


I mostly paper pieced Marci and shaded and coloured the rest of her up with my Copics.


Copic colours used.

Skin: E11, E21, E01, E00, E000, R11, R20
Clothing and shading: R32, R35. R56, B23, B24, B27, W0, W01, W03

Items used:


That's all from me today, do drop by the blog and check out the rest of Team Monday's projects, there are some jaw dropping creations there that put mine to shame. I'll be back tomorrow with my regular Dies to Die for inspiration post.

Happy crafting! : ) x x

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Linda, this is just stunning. Your paper piecing is amazing. There is so many beautiful details to feast on here.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't scare me with all the rain. I'm coming to England in less than 2 weeks and I'm hoping for some SUN! Am I being too optimistic? ;)
    Your card is very beautiful. And I would never guess this colour combination is out of your comfort zone. The card looks amazing! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I love your London themed card Linda! The image is adorable, very appropriate for our weather and the paper piecing looks fabulous. Your design and details you have added look wonderful too, truly inspiring.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Linda! I love the idea of the London Underground and the brick work looks amazing! Great paper piecing too and the charms are fab! - a really well thought out card!!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great when an idea comes together in to such a fabulous card like this isn't it? Marci looks great in her paper pieced rain mac and obligatory umbrella for our unpredictable weather. Love the charms and layout too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic, love the paper piecing!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a Clever Interpetation of this Theme! Love the paper piercing with spots and stripes. Enjoy your Week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx