My Lovely Followers

Thursday 14 November 2013

Give Thanks! Marvelous Magnolia 1st DT Card

Good afternoon to all my lovely followers and visitors, it's another scheduled post from me today,  another 2 hours till I'm done with work today.

As you know on Monday I shared a card as GDT for Marvelous Magnolias, well imagine how delighted I was when the lovely Rina asked me to join as a permanent DT member?!  I was over the moon, I do so admire the work of all the ladies there.  They have given me a fantastically warm welcome and as I have joined the 'Dreamy' team and it's our turn to post this week, I beavered away at the weekend to produce something special for them.

The theme this week is Give Thanks, so we'd love to see your thank you cards or cards to celebrate Thanksgiving.  We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK unlike our American cousins, so my card is a simple (well ok, maybe not so 'simple' lol),  thank you card, here's what I made.


I love this yellow colour for a thank you card, the gorgeous paper is Pion Design, For Mother collection.
I've distressed it lightly and inked with Vintage Photo DI, then hand stiched with yellow top stich thread.


This little cutie is Pink Ribbon Tilda (though obviously she's Yellow Ribbon Tilda here lol)
I've coloured her as usual with my Copics:
Hair: W7, 5, 3, 2
Clothing & Ribbon: YR 24, 23, 21, W2, 0
Shoes: E44, 42, 40
I've used just a touch of frantage in Shabby White around the image.


Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. Pearl pins, lace, ribbon, button, twine and bling from The Ribbon Girl.


I've decorated the inside of my card with matching paper to complement the front.


Dies used were: 
 La La Land Crafts Heart Tree
Spellbinders Labels 4 and Gold Labels 4
Whimsy Noteables 4

The sentiment is from the Whimsy Everyday Sayings Noteables 4 set.

The butterflies were cut with an X Cut punch.

I'll be popping this into my 

ETSY 

Store tonight.

Do pop over and check out the rest of the Dreamy Team's creations, they really are fab, and join in with our challenge, there's a fab prize to be won from our sponsor so come join in the fun! :) xx

I've entered this card to the following:

Midweek Magnolias - Giving Thanks
Simply Magnolia - Anything Goes
The Alphabet Challenge - T is for Twine


12 comments:

  1. Welcome to our team, Linda.
    It's a beautiful card.
    I love this colour combo, white and brown. It's feels warm for a give thanks card.

    Hugs,
    Dian Ratna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and gorgeous details
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning work, I love the design, the colours...everything!

    Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, I love the monochrome feel and all your details and embellishments are just lovely!
    Thank you so much for joining the fun this time over at Simply Magnolia, good luck!
    Hugs
    Jacqui P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Linda and another welcome from me to our team!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on DT position.Jaw dropping card! Hope to see you again soon at the Alphabet Challenge Blog.
    Roxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Linda, love this sweet Tilda, your layout and attention to detail. Thank you for coming over to play at Midweek Magnolias. Hugs Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous & I so love the colour, love all the added extra's, its beautiful.

    Thank you for playing along with us over at Midweek Magnolia's, good luck sweetie.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty Linda, gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias and good luck in the draw.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Linda, this is gorgeous! Love your beautiful coloring and the fab choice of color combo. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Midweek Magnolias! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - Absolutely stunning.
    Thanks for sharing this at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx