My Lovely Followers

Monday 8 July 2013

Meltdown

I hope everyone in the UK is enjoying the sunny weather for a change.  It was so hot in work today I thought I might melt, sadly no air conditioning in the building where I work so we had to make do with opening windows thought there was little enough air.

I was very happy to get home kick my shoes off and indulge in an ice cream, so I thought the following card was very appropriate for today.





The image is Frenchie Claudine from Make it Crafty, coloured with Promarkers, papers are Rose Garden from First Edition. 
The sentiment is one of the Happy Birthday sentiments from Pink Petticoat , the dies used are nestabilities and shapabilities from Spellbinder and the flowers, doilies and pins are from WOC.  Papers have been distressed and inked with Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye.

The subtle glitter in pink doesn't really show up in the pictures sadly, neither does the glossy accents with I used on the strawberry sauce and has a really nice effect off camera. I really enjoyed colouring up this image although I don't think I really did her justice, still learning here and I find blending and shading much easier with Copics compared to Promarkers. 

Well I'm off to enjoy the rest of this light evening now it's cooled down a bit, thanks for visiting  xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow there gorgeous cards this is my favorite one love the manga style cuteness and all the love and precision you put into ur work hope to see more of ur work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, it's nice to know that people like them, I'm quite addicted to making them now lol x

      Delete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx